Friday, November 18, 2022
Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, Plymouth, MI
Church leaders and staff from across the Archdiocese of Detroit came together Friday, Nov. 18, at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish in Plymouth to refuel their dedication to the mission started in the archdiocese six years ago during Synod 16.
The annual Unleash the Gospel Conference, formerly called the Parish Day of Renewal, was a chance for "joyful missionary disciples" to gather together not only to revisit Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron’s pastoral letter of the same name, but also to refuel their resolve to stay on mission through the charisms of the National Eucharistic Revival.
The day included an opening talk with Bishop Gerard Battersby, keynote presentations by Bishop Andrew Cozzens, chair of the USCCB Committee on Evangelization and Catechesis, and leader of the three-year National Eucharistic Revival, Mass with Archbishop Allen Vigneron, Eucharistic Adoration, and more!
See the links below to access the video recordings of the keynote presentations and homily.
- 8:00 am Check-in
- 8:45 am Welcome
- 9:00 am Opening Prayer
- 9:25 am Welcome Address – Bishop Gerard Battersby (Video recording)
- 9:35 am Keynote 1 – Bishop Andrew Cozzens (Video Recording)
- 10:50 am Break and Small Group Discussion
- 11:30 am Preparation for Mass
- 11:45 pm Mass – Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron (Mass Celebrant) (Homily Video Recording)
- 12:30 pm Lunch
- 1:15 pm Keynote 2 – Bishop Cozzens (Video Recording)
- 2:00 pm Break
- 2:15 pm Eucharistic Adoration
- 3:15 pm Benediction
- 3:20 pm Closing Remarks, Raffle drawing, Closing Prayer
- 3:30 pm Depart